The Global Cyber Security Center (GCSEC) is a newly established not-for-profit organization created to advance cyber security in Italy, the region, and around the world.
The Center, funded by Poste Italiane and other member companies, is based in Rome with a strong collaboration with Italian and International government institutions, private bodies, research institutions and international bodies.
The mission of the center is to develop and disseminate knowledge and awareness on Cyber Security, creating the conditions for improving capabilities, skills, cooperation and communication between the different stakeholders involved in the use and protection of internet.
In order to achieve these objectives, the Global Cyber Security Center will be a hub of cooperation and innovation where people of every country could meet and work together, sharing their knowledge and experience.
The objectives of the Center are:
- - Providing specialized support to government and industry on legal and policy frameworks, regulations, national strategies, and security standards
- - Training personnel on a broad spectrum of security requirements and best practices
- - Promoting applied research with other national and international centers of excellence
- - Facilitating the exchange of information between public and private sector entities around the globe
- - Leveraging the skills and expertise of Italian and global experts on collaborative and cooperative projects
- - Promoting the diffusion of a Cyber Security culture
- - Supporting government institutions and businesses in protecting critical infrastructure and mission critical services.